Tech Monitor’s inaugural Digital Responsibility Summit will explore the major issues around trust, ethics and responsibility of technology. As the pace of technological change continues to accelerate, questions are being raised about the potential of technology - and those developing, regulating, implementing, and using it - to build a better future. Led by our expert journalists, the Summit will tackle everything from cyber security, data bias and transparent development of AI to sustainable tech, diversity and inclusion, culture and skills. This free-to-attend virtual summit will bring together senior IT decision-makers to tackle some of the biggest - and increasingly urgent - questions around responsible development, implementation and lasting impact of technology. Key Topics:
- The ethics of AI: how can known pitfalls like data bias be avoided? What are the new pitfalls that designers and developers must watch out for?
- Sustainable IT procurement: how are businesses and governments building responsibility into the procurement of their technology stacks? What else can be done to ensure that IT departments are contributing to sustainability goals?
- Technology and ESG: are there major crossover areas where technological innovation can have a positive impact on ESG issues?
- IT and the public sector: do healthcare providers, local governments and blue-light services have different levels of technological responsibility towards citizens? How are they managing these expectations? What can the private sector learn about responsible tech?
- Data protection and zero trust: how can developers and businesses mitigate the ever-present threat of attack? What more can they do to remain responsible in the event of breaches?
- GDPR: will the UK roll back data protection legislation? If so, what can businesses expect in its place? Is regulation encouraging more responsible treatment of data more generally, or does it remain a tickbox exercise?